LINE is a popular messaging app in Asia, with over 800 million users. This LINE Official Account integration lets you respond to messages directly from our platform.
There are two parts to connecting a LINE Official Account:
To connect, the Line Official Account Messaging API will need to be enabled & a Provider must be created.
1. Sign in to the LINE Official Accounts Platform.
2. Navigate to Settings > Enable Messaging API.
3. Press Enable Messaging API.
6. Register a Developer Account.
6. Enter a Provider Name and press Agree. This provider will appear in the LINE Developers Console in the following steps.
7. Press OK to Enable Messaging API.
8. Navigate to Response Settings > Detailed Settings.
9. Find Webhooks in Detail Settings and select Enabled.
To connect the Line Official Account:
A Channel ID, Channel Secret and Channel Access token need to be retrieved from the Line Developers Platform
The Webhook URL will need to be added to the LINE Developers Platform.
1. Navigate to LINE Live Developer Console.
2. Select the Provider created.
3. Select the Channel to connect.
4. Navigate to Basic Settings and find the Channel ID.
5. Open the Respond.io platform Channel Settings > Add Channel > LINE.
6. Press next on the platform and add the Channel ID.
7. Find and issue the Channel Secret on LINE Developers platform.
8. Add the Channel Secret to the Respond.io platform.
9. Press Next and copy the Webhook URL.
10. Navigate to the Messaging API tab on the LINE Official Accounts platform.
11. Add the URL generated to the Webhook URL field.
12. Press Update and verify the Webhook.
13. Enable Use Webhook below.
14. Scroll down to issue a Channel Access Token.
15. Add the Channel Access token to the platform.
16. Press Done on the platform.
Every LINE channel connected can be configured with a unique:
1. Navigate to Settings > Channel Settings.
2. Find the LINE channel to configure.
3. Press the blue Configure button.
4. Configure the channel.
5. Press Done.
The LINE Official Account Channel has the limitation listed below:
LINE Desktop App does not support Quick Replies.