In addition to providing SMS, MessageBird is also an API provider that works directly with WhatsApp. MessageBird provides businesses with phone numbers and WhatsApp Official API accounts.
This MessageBird WhatsApp API integration lets you respond to WhatsApp messages directly from our platform.
The MessageBird WhatsApp Channel has a 24 hour messaging window. Once a WhatsApp User messages your WhatsApp Business Account, you will have 24 hours to reply.
After 24 hours no reply will be possible unless you use a Template Message.
1. Navigate to Settings > Add Channel > WhatsApp > MessageBird.
2. Sign in MessageBird Dashboard
3. Find your Live API Keys and add it in the field provided.
5. Navigate to Channel > My Channels.
6. Find WhatsApp and press Configure.
7. Find the Channel ID and add in the in the field provided.
8. Press Done.
Every MessageBird WhatsApp channel connected can be configured with a unique:
1. Navigate to Settings > Channel Settings.
2. Find the MessageBird channel to configure.
3. Press the blue Configure button.
4. Configure the channel.
5. Press Done.
Before sending a message template to a contact, the message template has to be submitted and approved by WhatsApp. Please refer to the WhatsApp Partners API, MessageBird for the official documentation on how to set up the WhatsApp Message Template.
Once all is set up at MessageBird, you may proceed to configure at Respond.io Platform.
1. Navigate to Settings > Channels 2. Select the WhatsApp MessageBird channel and press 'TEMPLATES' 3. Press 'ADD NEW TEMPLATES'
4. Fill in the required information
A name used to identify the template
The message template approved by WhatsApp and to be sent to the contact
The unique identifier provided by the WhatsApp Partner API
In which category does this template belong to. Refer here for list of categories.
In which language this template is written in
5. Review the information and press 'SAVE' when it is ready.
Still having trouble with the channel? Contact us here!